Sunday, August 23, 2009
After mass, mi hombrecito y yo went to brunch. It was nice. A leisurely meal and conversation. Then we headed home. Y mis pjs were screaming to put them on. It became a lazy dia. I was all decked out in pjs. We had a nice stack of DVDs that needed to be watched. Si! And that is what we did. All dia long!
Until mi hombrecito left to get us dinner. We have been couch potatoes all dia long! I haven't done anything but watch TV and movies. And eat! I am finding that Domingos are turning into my lazy dias of the semana. Is that bad?
Friday, August 21, 2009
I joined Twitter just now. Because everyone is always talking about it. Already, I am having fun. Mi hombrecito keeps telling me that I am going to get addicted to it. Pero, I don't think so. Not yet anyway. You can look at my twitter page. I don't know if you will learn anything important about me. Pero, I think this is going to be a place to have a little more fun. Maybe hablan con mis amigos more regularly. Who knows. But I am glad I signed up.
1. I remember, I remember where I put mis llaves.
3. Is that my trabajo!!??? (I really need to leave Sin City!)
5. I'm saving a dia just for you!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to quiet time, tomorrow my plans include some shopping and Sunday, I want to go eat brunch!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
If you are in Cuidad Juarez, drugs are now legal. Drugas were legalized hoy! Not in large quantities. Pero, they are legal. I think it is under a gram. Everything from marijuana to heroin. If you are caught con drugas, you get a warning the first 2 times. On the 3rd, you have to go to a drug program. Como? Legal drugas. Does anyone else see the problema aqui? If there is a drug problem, like the one in Cuidad Juarez, you don't legalize las drugas!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Ultimamente, I miss home. I feel like una ninita. Pero, I miss home. This work project seems to not be moving forward. They are blaming it on the economy. Pero, I don't know. We just keep running around in circles. I am not usually someone who let's things get to me. Pero, I am tired. I am tired of these hombres, this heat, esta cuidad.
I want to go home. I don't mean the poca cuidad I was living in to work. Mis amigos live there. Pero, it is still cuatro horas from mi familia. Tres y media from mi casita. I like being there. La vida is mas simple. Pero, hay mucho calor alli. I like being there. Mis amigos are wonderful. Pero, I miss home. Miss mi cama. Miss mi casita!
It's not that I don't like mi trabajo. Pero, it just gets old being away for so long. Sin City is not all that it is cracked up to be. Y being here for tres meses is too long! Especialmente in the summer! I just need a break. A break to go home and relax. Take some tiempo away from this project. Charge my batteries.
Friday, August 14, 2009
1. When will learn to trust others?
3. Everything has its beauty but we forget to look for it.
5. I'd like your thoughts por favor.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxation, tomorrow my plans include nada and Sunday, I want to paint in peace!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
I am not usually someone who buys nail polish. I am not the best at applying it. Y more times than not, my nails get covered in paint from mi trabajo. Pero este color, it grabbed mis ojitos. Lola wears it when she performs. Around the 4th of July, she had it on. I couldn't stop looking at her nails. Or talking about the color. Not long ago, I got a little cajita in the mail. Funny that I actually got it. Pero, I am in Sin City, y Lola is still gone working. Inside the cajita, was Ruby Pumps by China Glaze. Last night I painted my nails. Y, they actually look nice. The polish is not like the kind I used to paint my nails in high school. It is a nice formula and texture. I like the dark red color, and the sparkle that the polish has. It is also tough. This I know, porque I helped Jels clean today. Y, I didn't mess up my nails with all that scrubbing!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Not long ago, Lola gave me this librito to read. It is hilarious! Entertaining. And full of vida! The mujeres in the story remind me of your typical familia. Not necessarily their specific actions. But the way they live life. Always in each others lives. It reminds me of a funny Latino family. I couldn't put this librito down when I started reading it. Pero, this is one of my new favorites!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Hoy, I was surprised. I went to Jack in the Box for the primera vez. They are just not around the area I grew up in. Or where mi casita is. Pero, I ordered the Big Meal Deal. It has a taco, cheeseburger or chicken sandwich, fries, and a drink. It was a little over $3 with tax. I got the cheeseburger. It was good. Really good. I was surprised! I don't know what I was expecting. Pero, the taco left something to be desired. The fries were the best part. They reminded me of the fries mi abuelita makes from scratch back home. Overall, it was a good meal for $3. Something you could eat in a pinch.
Friday, August 7, 2009
1. Margaritas is my favorite summertime drink.
3. Paint is something I love to touch.
5. I'm hot right now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to resting, tomorrow my plans include meeting with mi Jefe and Sunday, I want to watch a good movie!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Mi hombrecito surprised me last night at dinner. With a viaje for mis cumpleanos. We are going to California! Disneyland to be more exact. I am so excited. I have never been there. Ever. Nunca! I am already counting the dias until we leave. September 16th is the big dia! I feel like una nina. I want to see the Castle and all the characters.
We will be gone for mis cumpleanos. And I am excited about that. This is our primer viaje together. Big trip I should say. Porque mi hombrecito comes to visit me at work. Y we take small trips around las cuidades we are in. We are both excited. Like dos ninitos waiting for Christmas morning.
Friday, July 31, 2009
1. It's time for un vacaciones.
3. I must be crazy to work like this.
5. My familia is simply fabuloso.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching TV, tomorrow my plans include going to the fabric store and Sunday, I want to sew un delantal!
Friday, July 24, 2009
1. Paint on my clothes is not the end of the world.
3. Frijoles y tortillas tastes so good!
5. Salidas de sol is breathtaking, really.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to reading mi librito, tomorrow my plans include painting and Sunday, I want to go on a hike!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Hoy was a surprise. Jels and I had the dia off. And we decided to have un dia de las muchachas (a girls' day.)
We attempted to make breakfast. All we did was manage to set off the fire alarms. And we couldn't turn them off! The French Toast didn't work so well. Pero, we had fun. Despues, we went shopping. I didn't have anything in mind, pero we managed to shop for seis horas. Como? Si, seis horas!
We bought makeup, clothes, and shoes. What else do mujeres shop for? We found NYX makeup on sale. Jels couldn't resist! Eventually nosotros ended up at Target. Where we decided to make cena. Jels is almost as bad as I am. We had to buy a bunch of caceroles. Despues, we went grocery shopping. Armed with un librito de cocina, we were looking for our comida. Dos horas más adelante, we were ready to cook.
No way are we as good as Lola. Pero, we tried. And it turned out pretty well. Mi abuelita would be proud. We watched Dirty Dancing as we ate. Hoy was un dia that we both needed. Just some tiempo to be muchachas, have fun, and laugh!
Friday, July 17, 2009
1. Frijoles and tortillas make a quick and easy dinner.
3. July brings back memories of swimming at Jemez.
5. They say if you tell your dreams they don't come true.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a hot bath, tomorrow my plans include dinner at Gardunos and Sunday, I want to cook a good dinner!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I have gotten a few messages from gente on here. They were interested in knowing if I have a MySpace page or Facebook page. I have MySpace. I got it to stay in touch with mis amigos. Since then, we have found another place to stay connected. I don't check my page too regularly any more. Or update it very often. But you can look at it. I do have a blog there. From time to time, I write something on there. Pero, if you are interested, you can look.
Friday, July 10, 2009
1. The last thing I ate was una manzana and agua.
3. When it rains, it cools down outside.
5. Hugs are muy importante.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with mi hombrecito, tomorrow my plans include shopping for a new desk and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
Friday, July 3, 2009
1. When I heard my alarm clock, I turned it off and went back to sleep.
3. It's late, but I am probably painting.
5. My eyes have seen God's beauty.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going home, tomorrow my plans include celebrating the 4th of July with familia y amigos, and Sunday, I want to enjoy some home town comida!
Friday, June 26, 2009
1. She had a great date last night.
3. I know this: I am blessed.
5. These words apply to me: live your life for you, but never forget were you come from.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a movie, tomorrow my plans include meeting with mi Jefe and Sunday, I want to crochet!
Friday, June 19, 2009
1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting the worst.
3. Drinking an entire pitcher of Margaritas is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time. (Not a good idea!)
5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine driving and directions.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with Jels, tomorrow my plans include shopping and Sunday, I want to stay in my pjs all day!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Mi amigita, Lola, has been traveling so much in the last dos meses. We don't see her often. And I have been in Sin City working. Lola is all over the place. Pero, hoy, Lola came to Sin City. She was here to meet with our jefe...Daddy Warbucks. That's what she calls him.
Lola was staying in the Casino. She was here to sign some contracts for some shows, she is going to do later in el ano. And to talk with Daddy Warbucks. He is really attracted to her. And tends to give a lot of slack to Jels y yo when Lola comes to town. After their meeting, we spent the day together.
Jels called me to tell me we had the rest of the dia off. Since she was staying at the casino, we were in for lots of fun! Daddy Warbucks set us up with an in-room spa day. Despues, Lola wanted to go to one of the cocinas. She left us in the room. And when she got back, she had the most delicoso desserts. Lola cut up frescas and put them in these fancy dishes. She topped them with whipped cream. And dark chocolate shavings. They were simple, pero delicoso! I should have taken a picture of them.
We mostly enjoyed each others company. It has been a while since we have sat down and had good conversations like that. Lola is always busy, pero hoy, it was about friendship and good times. I like these unexpected dias.
Friday, June 12, 2009
1. I grew up thinking anything was possible.
3. Why don't you read my blog?
5. Thanks for the comida.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to painting, tomorrow my plans include going to Jels' casita and Sunday, I want to cook dinner!
Friday, June 5, 2009
1. I want to go home.
3. The peritos go bark! bark! bark!
5. Mi hermano has some good news.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner at mi padres, tomorrow my plans include lunch with mi hermano and Sunday, I want to spend time with mi abuelita!
Friday, May 29, 2009
1. It's cold and depressing in the winter.
3. My favorite health and beauty product is Bath and Body Works bodywash.
5. Well, first of all I LOVE mi trabajo.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner, tomorrow my plans include going to Barnes and Noble and Sunday, I want to spend time with mis amigos!
Friday, May 22, 2009
1. Moving horrible.
3. My best quality is listening well to others.
5. In nearly 10 years, life has changed so much.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching some TV, tomorrow my plans include cooking a good meal and Sunday, I want to go shopping!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
It's official. After 10 years, I have un novio. The last time I could say that, I was in high school. I have dated off and on since. Pero, I never found anyone that I could really say I connected with. Mi hombrecito y yo have been dating since April. We became an exclusive couple last night.
He just makes me happy. Puts a sonrisa on my face. Life just seems better when we are together. For the primera vez, someone understands me. And loves me for me. Mi hermano tells me that he has never seen me happier than this. He is right.
I thought all the traveling I do, would hurt our relationship. Pero, it hasn't. Instead, mi hombrecito embraces mi trabajo. He is supportive. And he surprised me not long ago. He just showed up dos semanas ago. Con rosas rojas. 2 dozens! There is something especial about him. Something that I can't put into palabras.
Friday, May 15, 2009
1. If we had no winter I would be sad.
3. If I had my life to live over I would do it the same.
5. If you've never been thrilled you know how I feel when I paint.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include going on a hike and Sunday, I want to go to church and eat all day!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Lola knew there was un problema por que Sarita was not getting her packages from Nana. Despues, Lola went on Etsy una noche to look for a crochet pattern for pigs. Miss Sarita's favorite animal. Lola found her pig for sale. SI!!!!!
After talking with the man in charge at the post office, they had all the proof they needed. La policia was contacted and now Lola has a meeting on Thursday at the post office. Ella also has to claim a ton and a half of packages por que these people were opening the cajitas and taking what they wanted from them. Then they would sale the items on Ebay or Etsy.
Ahora, Lola is on damage control. She has to contact all these people and explain the situation. I feel bad. Pero, I am in Las Vegas working until the 20th. Pues, Lola made a list of things that have been sold, and she is going to remake them. Dos cositas, are for swaps for me. Si, pues I feel bad. Pero, she told me not to worry.
I will have to buy her something extraordinary. I will keep mi ojitos looking for the perfect Gracias gift. I just hope our partners are understanding.
Monday, May 11, 2009
El Delantal, it was something that I always loved about mi abuelita. She always wore one. Anytime you went to visit her, she was in the kitchen con delantal. It has been the same one from when I was little until now. The same one. Years ago, when I first learned how to sew, I made her a new one. Out of tela she picked. Mi abuelita likes flowers, she picked a tela con yellow rositas. I sat for days and days on end trying to complete her delantal. Pues, dos semanas later, I was done. I wrapped it up and took it to her. Ella son mas feliz que ninitos on Christmas morning.
I waited and waited for her to put it on. Mi abuelita got up walked to her "special cajita" under her bed. She placed it in there, and went back into the cocina. You see, mi abuelita cherished it, loved it. Pero, it wasn't her delantel. It was one that she would later wear cuando los vecinos came for a visit, but not for cooking.
Now, mi abuelita is older. It is hard for her to do a lot of the same things. Pero, every single mananita, she puts it on. Now she sits at mi mami's mesa and helps cook. She will peel papitas, roll tortillas, or chop onions. Pero, todo las dias, ella wears her delantal con muncho carino.
Lola is a basket of nerves. At least that is what I got out of the 2 min I had her on the telefono. Pues, Sarita took a turn for the worst. In a really bad way. I just ask anyone who reads this...please pray for her. She is 3 yrs old and has cancer. Things today have not been good. Pues, Lola wants to go be out there for la Familia C. Pero, trabajo is calling. Along with escuela. Please, please, please pray for Sarita.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Right now, I am sitting in the back porch, just trying to stay cool. The wind is blowing, and I am not getting any work done. Papa money (a nickname for my boss) wants some sketches. Pues I cannot even think in this heat. I could be in some HOT mexicana music video right now. Sweating with mi Coca-Cola y musica mexicana. I think I am just going to go for a walk. I don't even want comida esta noche. A walk sounds good.
Primero, I need to sign up for an apron swap. Si, un otro swap. They are lots of fun. Y, I think this blog will make swapping a lot easier and more enjoyable. Si! I can share with you the aprons i make and the goodies I get back.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009